I am big on quotes, and I just read one of the best quotes
ever: “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the
problem.” Truer words could not be
spoken. And to whom do we owe this
awesome insight? Why Captain Jack
Sparrow of course. He’s definitely more
than a drunken, dreadlocked, adorable, Disney pirate!
So with this way cool quote in mind, I am suggesting some positive
attitude development strategies that will serve you and your family well.
PUT DOWN YOUR
ELECTRONICS! I get it. In between your long bouts with facebook and Candy
Crush, you are actually checking your work emails. Stop!
Not all the time, but sometimes.
Make it a point to NOT be the role model for being on a device. They suck you in, and they suck valuable time
away from talking face to face with your kids, or playing cards with them, or
writing them a letter you can slip into their book bags. Childhood goes fast. Really fast.
Don’t let your days slip away into cyberspace. There will be plenty of time to email your
kids when they move away. Sniff, sniff.
BUILD SELF
CONFIDENCE! Who doesn’t need more
self-confidence? I can only think of one
person and he is only good at firing people on reality TV. Normal people can always use an ego boost, so
pass them out. Start with you
family. Kids of every age are
continually being pushed into uncharted territory. Your encouragement and praise goes a long way
with your kids. Spend some one on one
time and talk about how your child really feels. Assure him:
It’s ok to be apprehensive. I
was, too. You’re an awesome writer. You have great ideas. You are such a kind person. I am so proud of you
And while you’re at it, build up yourself. I really made her feel good. I really helped ease her trepidations. I am a good parent.
BE THE ROLE MODEL YOU
WANT TO BE! Start some new positive
family traditions. For myself, I am
working on family exercise time. I think
it is important that everyone break a sweat, and not because their character
has only one life left. Move! And don’t just do anything. You can get hurt exercising incorrectly
(especially you, you’re old.) Learn some proper exercises and do them as a
family. You’ll be doing something together
that benefits everyone. And don’t just
do it, explain it. Knowledge is power,
and power creates productivity and self-confidence.
These are just a few of the ways you can help yourself and
your family going forward. Make your own
list, and even if it’s just baby steps, go for it. Attitude is everything. Pass it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment