Saturday, September 6, 2014

It's Been Awhile

  Sorry, but I must admit it's been awhile since I posted a new blog.  I know this because 1.  It HAS been awhile, and 2.  I forgot my password. It actually took me four times trying different passwords until I decided to change it, only to have the website tell me I couldn't use my new password because it was my old password.  Wtf?  Personally, I am all about the security questions.  Where did you go to kindergarten?  I remember that.  How could I forget Mrs. Gruel, possibly the worst name for a kindergarten teacher in existence (unless of course there is one out there named Ida Hatzkids from Romania or somewhere.  I concede that would be worse.).  What is your father's middle name is a good one.  Of course that can be identified in about 5 seconds on Google, but at least I know it.  I think there should be a new level of security questions though.  Questions that even your mom couldn't answer if she was trying to hack into your account to find out if you are still alive since you never call or write.  Questions like, "Who is the first person you ever smoked pot with?"  Or "What was the last name of the person you lost your virginity to?"  Actually first name may be better in the scheme of things, and "Guy in the parking lot of Monsters Of Rock" would have to be acceptable.
  So, what is happening lately that is blog-worthy?  Nothing really out of the ordinary since we did just have a nice long 7 week summer vacation.  Wtf?  What happened to three months?  It takes the first two weeks just to decompress from school, and the next five weeks to do summer homework.  Seriously!  I never had summer homework.  I get the fact that you don't want the kids to forget everything they never understood during the school year, but I think a few worksheets would suffice. Four book reports for the five year old, and an author study and book analysis for the nine year old, with questions like "Write an alternate ending for the story," and "Choose three characters, list two character traits and compare them to the author's character traits."  Wow.  It's a miracle we could squeeze dance camp and aquarium camp in our precious seven weeks.  It's ok though.  The nine year old stayed up til 10pm the night before school started finishing her work.  God forbid she took my advice of doing it early so she could enjoy her summer.  Her brother of course nailed down those book reports in record time.  After all, he had four book reports a week in kindergarten.  Then of course he got the Minecraft figures that I bribed both of them with upon the completion of their summer homework, and proceeded to play with them in his sister's face for the rest of the summer.  That made for happy family time.
  My Mom came to visit from St. Augustine, FL.  That was nice.  We did nothing since every time I plan something she complains about it.  This time she got to complain about not doing anything.  I decided I like those complaints better because at least I don't have to spent my kids' college money on Broadway tickets or something.  She got to fill us in on the medical marijuana business she is considering.   I found out about it from a video she posted on Facebook of a news report they did on it in FL.  I had a whole piece about it in this blog, but she asked me to please remove it, so I did.  It's funny because I got all my info about it basically from Facebook and a public news story, but I am a somewhat obedient daughter, so I removed it.  Honestly, I don't want to be an accessory anyway.  Suffice to say that I am considering starting a internet donation fund to bail my 72 year old cutting edge sign-of-the-times mother out of federal prison, and I think I actually have a few donors nailed down.  I personally am on the fence right now.
  So, not much other excitement during the summer.  I'm sure that I will have a lot more blog worthy experiences once school gets into full swing.  I mean it's only been in session two days, and I'm pretty sure I was called a "fucking bitch" in Russian on the first day of school.  Like that's never happened before?  Please.  Btw, I'd much rather be called a fucking bitch than a can't-get-laid bitch.  I mean really.  Then on school day two, a woman was standing in the street blocking traffic talking to someone, so my husband honked, and the woman flipped out and started screaming something about how we need to wait, so I said we were trying to drop our kids off at their school right down her street, so she jumps out and stands in front of our car like some psychopathic Ghandi on crack, to which I jump out of my car in full workout attire (including my metal band shirt du jour) and tell her to get out of the way and stop acting like a maniac.  She starts yelling at me that she has to take her kids to school, too, so I politely advise her to then get into her car and out of the street.  After repeating that suggestion a few times as she raged on, she finally did.  When we got to school and related our story to the principal (who just happened to be standing outside,) he told us that was the same lady who called the city help line to report the school for having a fire drill at an inconvenient time, and I believe he said she almost ran him over with her car, so I guess it's just business as usual.
  More to come as the incredulous, ridiculousness happens.  I will keep you posted.  Be happy, and don't forget to make time for adventures within your own journey!
  Xxxx
Marielle

1 comment:

  1. I imagine school drop offs suck everywhere. I decided that upon hearing you say interesting things in Brooklyn, and my friemd that lives in Colorado has said the same things. I am going to collect interesting stories of school drop off/pick up stories and write a book...I love you!

    ReplyDelete